Offutt AFB, NE Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on base or finding a home off-base within the community.
- Once you have orders to move, contact The Housing Management Office (402) 991-9840 or The Housing Services Office (402) 294-6242. They will provide you with services such as: referrals, resolving tenant-landlord disputes, and guidance for entering lease agreements.
- Unaccompanied Housing (402) 232-6726 is reserved for single airmen ranked E1-E4 with less than 3 years of service. You will provided private accomadations with the basic requirements for living comfortably in the barracks.
- Offutt on-base housing is privatized and provided by Burlington Captial Properties (402) 991-9840, which leases to both airmen and Federal Civilians. They offer pet-friendly 2-4 bedroom single family homes based on rank and family size, with water, gas and electric included in rent. Some community amenities include playgrounds and an event center.
Off Base Housing
Looking to live off-base? Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the Offutt AFB area.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes for Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
Omaha, Nebraska is the closest major city to Offutt. Omaha is a major midwestern city with about 410,000 people, with up to 1.2 million in the metro area. Other nearby communities include Bellevue, La Vista, and Papillion. Omaha and the surrounding area is on the banks of the Missouri river, and is on a gently rolling plain, turning to low river valley as the plains reach the river. The area has a humid climate, with very cold winters and hot humid summers.
About the Base
Offutt Air Force Base is the home of the 55th Wing and United States Strategic Command. This base was formerly central command of Strategic Air Command. The Fightin' Fifty-Fifth wing is the largest in the Air Combat Command, the second largest in the entire Air Force.